Welcome to the Keymailer Creator Community! Search for answers to your questions. If you can't find an answer, ask a question. And if you can answer a question, go ahead!
0 like 0 dislike
asked in Tagging by (50 points)
Hello, all my videos are appropriately tagged but the Keymailer system is changing them to games and tags that I never listed in my tags. Please help and fix them. I put a lot of time and effort into both my videos and trying to get everything set up on Keymailer but I'm still not accredited months later.

Every one of my tags is appropriate and in one way or another applies to the tutorials and videos I create.

1 Answer

0 like 0 dislike
answered by (18.3k points)
Hi,

The tags on your videos should be tags of the game you are playing, there are games that are called "Pirate", "Stone", and so on. As soon as you tag a video with the game tags the videos show up on the devs list as new created content, they can then check the videos and if it doesn't contain their game, they flag it as invalid as it is changing their statistics of their game.
commented by (50 points)
I could understand that if when putting the videos on Keymailer it had a system in place to allow me to tag my videos for keymailer specifically, but the keymailer system is cannibalizing the tags from youtube and then re purposing them to a different system of tagging.

These tags from youtube are accurate descriptive tags for the video that allow people who may have seen or heard of the game but don't know the title to search things like "Pirate MMO" or "Pirate game" to help them find atlas, which is described on steam by the developers as:

"ABOUT THIS GAME
From the creators of ARK: Survival Evolved comes ATLAS - a massively multiplayer first-and-third-person fantasy pirate adventure."

Its unrealistic to expect any YouTube creators to remove the accurate tags on their videos that make them searchable. This system is not working as intended and the 100+ other posts all with the same problem on this help forum are hard evidence of that.
Welcome to the Keymailer Creator Community!

Search for answers, ask questions, answer questions, and...

be nice!