Welcome to the Keymailer Creator Community! Search for answers to your questions. If you can't find an answer, ask a question. And if you can answer a question, go ahead!
2 like 0 dislike
asked in Tracked Content Stream by (35 points)
Currently, Keymailer is identifying that Two Point Hospital is "Owned" and This Is the Police 2 I can "Request Key."  These are reverse, as I do not actually own Two Point Hospital (I also have not preordered, I have no recieved it as a gift and the game has never had a free weekend - because, you know, it's not actually out); but I *do* own This Is the Police 2.

I have a pending request for Two Point Hospital; citing they enroll in Keymailer, will my request be void since the system mistakenly believes I own this game?

Additionally, This Is the Police 2 should be marked as owned but isn't.

I believe there is something incorrect with the Keymailer feed.

1 Answer

0 like 1 dislike
answered by (12.3k points)
have you ever played them in a free weekend, or owned and returned them?

We pull all that data raw from Steam's API and sometimes they pass us out of date data.
commented by (35 points)
Please re-read my question.
commented by (12.3k points)
I have reread your question. My question is valid. Sometimes steam marks games as owned if they have been played in a free play weekend.

Regarding the game you do own, how long ago did you buy it?
commented by (35 points)
I mean no disrespect, but you're looking right over top of the answer...

Please see where I wrote, explicitly: "I also have not preorered, I have not received it as a gift and the game has never had a free weekend."

Two Point Hospital doesn't release until August 30th.  Impossible for there to have been a free weekend.  I also cite I've not purchased it (preorder) and no one has gifted it to me.

However, **this isn't even my question.**  The question written above is: "I have a pending request for Two Point Hospital; citing they enroll in Keymailer, will my request be void since the system mistakenly believes I own this game?"

I already know you cannot fix the Keymailer feed.  I do not know why it thinks I own the game, but it does, and that's simply fact.  But since it sees me as owning the game, which I do not actually own at all, *will the Keymailer system, with its invalid record, disallow me the ability - as a content creator - to engage with the Two Point team should they look for partners to distribute game keys to?*

This is critical.  I need an understanding of if Keymailer is currently jeopardizing my likelihood of receiving a key from Two Point due to Keymailer error, or if the request will continue to go through unhindered.  This way I can plan ahead and contact Two Point directly.

As for the game I do own, This Is the Police 2, it was activated on my Steam account on July 25, 2018.
commented by (12.3k points)
It seems I did mis-read your question - sorry.

There is nothing stopping you requesting a key from the publisher directly. But I am not happy about this error and I've sent a report to our development team to investigate quickly.

Watch this space.

Related questions

Welcome to the Keymailer Creator Community!

Search for answers, ask questions, answer questions, and...

be nice!